Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ramen

Such a comfort food for me. I pretty much survived on it through college (which probably explains why I felt SO SICK throughout my college days) and miss it so much sometimes. Not the msg, sodium, or wheat, though. Nope. Needed to come up with my own copycat recipe.

This was my first attempt and it was a good one. Not perfect, but good. Levi loved it :)

"Ramen"

8 oz. Rice noodles (I used pad thai style)
8 cups chicken broth (you could use vegetable)
1 Tbs. GF tamari sauce (or to taste)
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 Tbs. scallions, sliced
1/4 tsp. freshly grated ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
Sea salt to taste

Combine all ingredients except rice noodles in a pot. Bring to a boil. Add noodles and simmer for a few minutes until noodles are soft, about 3 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment