Sunday, March 25, 2012

Granola

This is hands down the best granola I've ever had. Every time someone tries it they want the recipe. I'm not sure where exactly this recipe came from, it's just been in my family for years.

You can easily customize this recipe if you prefer different ingredient. Or make it gluten free as I did.


This is the ORIGINAL recipe, with my gluten free modifications included.

Granola


4 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup whole wheat flour (I use 1/3 cup millet flour, and 1/3 cup brown rice)
1 tsp. salt
2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
1 cup wheat germ (I use 1 cup rice bran or oat bran)
1 cup sesame seeds
2 cups chopped nuts (I use sliced almonds)
1/2 cup canola oil (I use 1/2 cup melted coconut oil)
2/3 cup warm water
2 Tbs. vanilla
1/2 cup honey

Preheat oven to 225 F.

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl whisk wet ingredients. Mix everything together. Place in jelly roll pans and bake for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until golden. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment