Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Potato Rolls

Yes, they were so good they deserve to title my post. I used this recipe and they turned out AMAZING! Soft, chewy, and absolutely beautiful! Here they are fresh from the oven:



We ate them with homemade chicken noodle soup. Levi is coming down with whatever bug I just got over, so I thought it would be appropriate :)


Levi helping me make the soup
Focused

Chicken Noodle Soup
1 small onion, diced
1 stalk of celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
8 cups water
1 bay leaf
2 chicken breasts
6 oz. noodles (approx.)
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large stockpot, heat a bit of olive oil and brown onion, celery, and carrots. When veggies are tender, add water, bay leaf and two chicken breasts (I used frozen this time). Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until chicken is fully cooked; about 30 minutes. Remove chicken breasts and shred with two forks. Return chicken to pot and bring broth to a slow boil. Add noodles, cover and simmer about 20 minutes until noodles are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Basic, easy recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment